Tis the season for good food and good company! At a challenging time for people with food intolerances and gut issues, I wanted to share a recipe that’s helping me stay excited about the holiday food and feel good too. My most recent favorite snack is chocolate. I’ve found some pretty high-quality dark chocolate bars that are low in sugar, dairy free and high in fat, help keep me keep full for longer periods of time!
Throughout my chocolate obsession phase, I found this recipe from Dr. Mercola and decided to give it a go. I made a few modifications and turned it into…
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites
My favorite kind of chocolate is the dark kind! So these little bites have a big cocoa bitter taste. To soften the cocoa taste, I added a tablespoon of peanut butter, but it can easily be removed if you can’t tolerate nuts. The best part about this recipe is that it can be whipped up in about fifteen minutes, making it easy to be made when you’re in need of a sweet treat.
Feel free to add a little bit of sweetener to the recipe with honey or stevia if you’d like as well. They aren’t necessary to hold the bites together, but it’d just be up for your taste preferences. The most important thing to remember about this recipe is to store the chocolate peanut butter bites in the refrigerator to keep solid and fresh!
I’m certainly whipping up a batch of these for the holiday weekend! What are your favorite holiday treats? Do you have any baking traditions?
xo – Morgan, Mint+Mo
- 3/4 Cup cocoa powder
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut or nut butter of choice (can omit)
- Optional: 1 Teaspoon of honey or 2 Drops of Stevia
- Add the melted coconut oil, avocado and peanut butter together in a bowl
- Mix on low until whipped
- Slowly add in the cocoa powder a little bit at a time and mix until fully combined with other ingredients
- Add in sweeteners if using them and mix
- Place mix in refrigerator for ten minutes
- Remove cold mix and form into bite size balls
- Add a dusting of cocoa powder to the top and serve
- Store in refrigerator to keep fresh!